Monday 6 January 2014

Just MOOCin' around...

Welcome to my brand new blog. This blog has been prompted by a MOOC I'm currently doing.

Don't know what a MOOC is? For those of you who haven't Googled it already, MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Course. The current MOOC organisation I'm working my way through is Future Learn (http://futurelearn.com), although it's certainly not the only one available. I'm sure that over the upcoming months I'll find myself looking at others as I find interesting courses.

I'm currently enmeshed in the throes of two courses... England in the Time of King Richard III via the University of Leicester and Sustainability, Society and You via the University of Nottingham. I must admit, there's a huge amount of fondness within me for the University of Nottingham, as I've been following the exploits of their science department with a large amount of glee on YouTube (check out the channels Sixty Symbols, Numberphile, Periodic Videos, and Nottinghamscience if you want to know more).

Over the coming couple of months, I'll also be looking at courses about writing, climate change, and business, and I'll blog about these courses as I come to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment